- Prolonged Exposure for PTSD
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD
- Trauma-Focused CBT for PTSD
- Research on evidence based treatments for PTSD
- Utilizing these empirically supported treatments for other forms of PTSD
- Special considerations for treating survivors of domestic violence and relationship rape
Workshop leader: Charity Wilkinson Truong, Psy.D.
- Training Director & Staff Psychologist, Stress and Anxiety Services of NJ
- Author of 17 publications and presentations on CBT for mental health professionals
- Formerly Chief of Psychology for the Strong Star Research Consortium, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Formerly Lead Psychologist, Rutgers University Counseling Center
Sunday, July 23, 2017
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
All NJ-ACT events are held within 2 miles of GSP exits 135-138. Exact location and directions will be sent within one business day of our receiving registration. If you do not receive the directions, please contact us immediately.
This workshop is for NJ-ACT members as of April 25, 2017 only. Advance registration is required.
Registration is $65 and includes the workshop, hot breakfast, hot lunch, dessert and 4 CE credits.
Registration with 4 CE credits
Registration with 4 CE credits from the
American Psychological Association
The New Jersey Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists (NJ-ACT) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NJ-ACT maintains responsibility for this program and its content. NJ-ACT and Dr. Wilkinson-Truong receive no commercial support and have no conflicts of interest. This workshop is appropriate for mental health professionals who are licensed for independent practice.
Educational objectives: At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be familiar with Prolonged Exposure for PTSD, Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD, Trauma-Focused CBT for PTSD, and the empirical support for these treatments.
Schedule of the day
9:00 Registration and continental breakfast
9:45 Workshop – Part 1
11:00 Workshop – Part 2
12:00 Hot lunch
1:00 Workshop – Part 3
2:30 Workshop – Part 4
3:30 End of workshop
Alternatively, you may print the slip below (copy-paste into your word processing application) and mail with your check to: NJ-ACT c/o Lynn Mollick and Milton Spett, 1150 Raritan Rd. – Suite 101, Cranford, NJ 07016.
NJ-ACT members as of April 25, 2017 only. Please register me for the July 23, 2017 workshop on “CBT for Domestic Violence PTSD.” My check for $65 is enclosed.
I would like (check one):
__ 4 psychologist CE credits
__ 4 social worker CE credits